Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A'Merkin Show


This will be my third show modeling for Stein. It's really important to support the people you believe in, which is why even though I never thought I'd model a public wig, I couldn't say no to the opportunity. That and I have absolutely no shame.

Rehearsals were yesterday. I only recognized two of the ladies from previous shows. I assume there are a few others from the afternoon rehearsal, but mostly this is a new crop of models. They had a lot of questions and there was a general buzz of excitement in the air. It was a nice calm feeling to be able to sit back without questions or concerns. A few of the ladies were a bit nervous about their walk. I was happy to be able to give tips and encouragement. 

I'm pumped because Stein made a moss merkin just for me because of my love for terrariums and all things mossy.

I think this is going to shape up to be quite the extravaganza. It's an honor for me to watch Stein grow as a designer and to be included in her vision. I never thought when I met her years ago though my ex-boyfriend's roommate's brother that I was being introduced to a woman I would come to respect so very much. Mother, stylist, designer, mover and shaker, and all around fierce lady. 


No comments:

Post a Comment